This is the English Martial Arts Podcast show where we talk about the Weapons and Unarmed arts contained within the English system.
- Martial Arts Injuriesby Frank Docherty on January 25, 2021 at 11:31 am
A sports injury in the narrow sense signifies the injury typical of a particular sports activity or a certain sport, determined by the way of occurrence and frequency. One of the simplest definitions of an injury is: "The injury is all the damage to the tissue suddenly generated in a certain, […]
- Basics and Awarenessby Frank Docherty on December 8, 2020 at 3:06 pm
Awareness is the first key to any situation where conflict can arise. Whether in a sports arena, on your way to your car, or in a busy subway, an attacker can defeat the greatest practitioner of any art if they are not aware of their surroundings. As a martial artist, learning to be aware of all of […]
- Practical self Protectionby Frank Docherty on December 2, 2020 at 10:51 am
Unarmed Many styles of martial arts are practiced for self-defense or include self-defense techniques. Some styles train primarily for self-defense, while other martial or combat sports can be effectively applied for self-defense. Some martial arts train how to escape from a knife or gun situation, […]
- The Noble Artby Frank Docherty on October 27, 2020 at 1:59 pm
Boxing, sport, both amateur and professional, involving attack and defense with the fists. Boxers usually wear padded gloves and generally observe the code set forth in the marquess of Queensberry rules. The terms pugilism and prizefighting in modern usage are practically synonymous with boxing, […]
- The English martial arts during Covidby Frank Docherty on October 19, 2020 at 2:58 pm
This episode concentrates on how we are continuing to train through this Covid epidemic. It also details on what we are teaching and the weapons we are using. We also talk about gear for filming and audio gear as well.
- Newsby Frank Docherty on September 9, 2020 at 2:49 pm
In this episode I am talking about the kind of training we offer, and where the club is going as regards training.
- Self Defence Adviceby Frank Docherty on July 31, 2020 at 12:26 pm
In this episode we will look at advice on self protection. We will look at quite a few topics that will allow us to take precautions and stay safe both inside and outside our homes. We will talk about locks for doors and windows, physical fighting techniqueas well as awareness of our surroundings. […]
- German knights and Vampiresby Frank Docherty on July 4, 2020 at 6:24 pm
In this very short episode I read from an article published in the HOBILAR journal about teutonic knights and Vampires
- Self Defence and the English Martial Artsby Frank Docherty on July 4, 2020 at 5:34 pm
This episode has been put together to talk about the English martial arts and Self Defence. It talks about recent events happening around the country because of illegal demonstrations and rioting, about how they have been attacking people in mobs and about our art and how we are now offering an […]
- Brief History of the Quarterstaffby Frank Docherty on June 28, 2020 at 11:50 am
George Silver wrote about the quarterstaff as a reality. It was a weapon he used to fight and defend his honour with. ... As a battlefield weapon the quarterstaff would be an oak or ash pole of about eight or nine feet in length, wih a circumference of about 4 and a half inches. It was a foot […]